Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I need to verify my taxes for 2010 were filed and I need a

Customer Question

I need to verify my taxes for 2010 were filed and I need a copy of the IRS verification. Taxes were delayed filing by Efile
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

You need to use the form to obtain your tax tax return transcript.

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and for applying for student loans.

.You may request the tax return transcript to be mailed to a third party if needed.
You may use a tax return transcript as a confirmation that the tax return was filed.
Let me know if you need any help.

JACUSTOMER-mh5sqs6o- :

How do I get a copy of a tax return transcript to confirm I have filed my taxes?

JACUSTOMER-mh5sqs6o- :

I have form 8879 IRS e-file Signature authorization 2010 will that work?

A new online ordering method, Order A Transcript, is available and makes ordering simple.

You may also request transcripts by calling 1-800-908-9946, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). There is no fee for transcripts. Allow five to ten days for delivery if you order online or by phone.

Let me know if you need any help.