Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I lost my 1099 form, what can I do?

I lost my 1099 form, what can I do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. You can easily contact the issuer of the 1099 and request that they send you a replacement 1099. This happens all the time and should present no problem.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Getting another 1099 issued is not possible, what to do about this?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Is this a 1099 for compensation to you; or for something else such as dividends, interest, forgiveness of debt, etc.?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
compensation to me, I'm a Real Estate Agent.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. If you can not get it from the issuer, the 1099 has also been issued to the IRS. As a result, you can call the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor assistance. The IRS will provide you a form to complete to get the information from the IRS.