Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

FOR THE LAST 3YRS IVE HAD PROBLEMS FILING MY TAXES MY EX-WIFE

FOR THE LAST 3YRS IVE HAD PROBLEMS FILING MY TAXES MY EX-WIFE KEEPS FILING MY SON IN WHICH I HAVE FULL N SOLE CUSTODY I DONT RECIEVE CHILD SUPPORT FROM HER ME AND MY SON LIVE IN N.C. SHE LIVES IN N.Y . WE HAVE HAD NO CONTACT WITH HER FOR ALMOST TWO YRS.IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN FIND OUT IF SHE FILE FOR HIM ITS SO EMBASSING WHEN I FILE AND FIND OUT 2 DAYS LATER HIS SSN HAS BEEN CLAIM I HAD TO SEND ALL THESE DOCUMENTS TO PROVE HES IN MY CUSTODY PLUS ALL THE LONG WAIT TO GET MY TAXES CAN ANY BODY HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM SO I DONT HAVE TO PAY A TAX PERPAYER ALL MY MONEY AND THEN I HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK WITH THE IRS I DIDNT HAV A COMPUTER TILL A FEW MOS. AGO I GOT IT FOR MY 9 YR OLD SON BUT FOUND YOU CAN DO ALL THESE THINGS ON THEM I REALLY NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP I SHOULD GET A GOOD REFUND JUST PURCHASE A HOUSE THIS YEAR IM ON SSN DIS.N RECIEVE FOR MY SON TILL HES 18 I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Customer:

im not very good at typin

LEV :

Unfortunately - unless you file your tax return and get it rejected - there is no way to determine if your child was claimed by someone. If your ex-spouse claimed the dependent incorrectly - the IRS will request all paid taxes to be refunded.

LEV :

The following Free and Low Cost E-File programs provide electronic filing options for eligible taxpayers in North Carolina - http://www.dornc.com/electronic/individual/software.html

LEV :

That may help you to save on tax preparation.

Customer:

i kno its happen for 3 yrs now can i file any charges 2 get her fr. her stppin fr filin for him r there any fraud here any laws she breakin

LEV :

Yes - you may sue your ex spouse for all your damages.

Customer:

i wonder why the irs never mention tat 2 me

Customer:

i cant file my own i need help i wish i could

Customer:

do i hav 2 hav a special lawyer

Customer:

ru there

LEV :

You do not need to pay for an attorney - unless you want - you may go to the small claim court.

LEV :

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. The VITA Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income (generally, $49,000 and below) people who cannot prepare their own tax returns. To locate the nearest VITA site, call 1-800-906-9887 Or find it here - http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=233401,00.html

Customer:

ive always got my money in the end but its alot of mailin bac n forth

Customer:

oh yhank you so much tat will help

Customer:

thanks

LEV :

Here is information how to sue in small claim court - http://www.legalaidnc.org/Public/Learn/publications/Small_Claims_Court/default.aspx

LEV :

That is specifically for North Carolina

Customer:

thank you can i cancell my subcribtion b-cause im not goin 2 need it after this

LEV :

That should be communicated to the customer service. Experts do not have access to your account.

Use - drop down box on this page "Report Question" and select "Customer Service"

Customer:

thank you 4 your help lev