Stephanie B.
Stephanie B., Enrolled Agent
Experience:  MTax, EA, QuickBooks Proadvisor. Over 15 years accounting and tax experience specializing in individual and small business.
54321014

I HAVE A CREDIT TO CARRIED OVER FROM 2009 TO 2010 FOR INSTALLATION

I HAVE A CREDIT TO BE CARRIED   OVER FROM 2009 TO 2010 FOR INSTALLATION OF HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE EQUIPMENT. I THINK I AM SUPPOSED TO ENTER THIS ON LINE 6 OF FORM 3800. IF AND WHEN I DO THIS HOW DO I TRANSPORT IT TO FORM 1040 OF MY PERSONAL TAX RETURN . THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. JOHN S.

Stephanie B. :

The unused credit from 2009 is carried over to line 6 of Form 3800, just as you thought. Then from line 6 to line 8. Then you will need to complete Part II of Form 3800 to determine what portion of the credit carryover is allowed for 2010. Once you get to line 32 of Form 3800, this amount flows to line 53 of your 1040 and you mark the box for the 3800. If you need further assistance with this issue, please let me know.