Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

If I am earning $125K/year as owner of a sole proprietorship

If I am earning $125K/year as owner of a sole proprietorship and will have about 25K in expenses annually, how much should I estimate in taxes? 25% or 30% of my annual income?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. A $100,000 in income, depending upon your filing status...single, married, etc., is going to put you somewhere in the 25% to 28% tax bracket.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Expert,

I am going to file my estimate taxes. I am married but my husband is an employee of a company, so I am filing as owner of my sole proprietorship consulting company. Do I simply fill out the form and send in a check for 28% of my income since January? I just formed the company Jan 1. Or, do I deduct my expenses to date from my income to date...and pay 28% of that number? thanks!

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
I suggest you send in 28% of your estimated NET expenses...otherwise you will have sent in too much at the end of the year.