Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
753989

At first I e-file with turbotax and I mixied up a number on

At first I e-file with turbotax and I mixied up a number on my ssn. so I had fixed it and now they reject it saying my spouce has already been claim on another form. No One has claimed him. so the error is on the wrong ssn I file the first time now I can't file cause of it.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.

It is entirely possible that you are using the correct SSN, but that number has been used on another return, either because of fraud or by accident. You will need to mail in your return--it cannot be e-filed with that SSN. Another option would be to efile using married separate status, and then amend the return later to include your spouse.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if I mail it in do I still have to send all the w-2's and ext. with it or can I just send in what turbo tax and done.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you mail your return, you must include income documents and any required schedules that accompany the tax return.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok if I refile married filing separte and File My Spouce the same way. Can I change all that now. By Admending mine and starting all over for him.

Since you have not filed a return yet, you do not need to amend your return. Youwill not be able to efile his return separate, because it will reject. I think your refund would be processed faster if you mail the joint return in. The other option is to efile yours separately, and then amend your return to a joint return, which will need to be mailed in.