Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters

Hello, if I make $100,000.00 per year, how much tax do I have

Customer Question

Hello, if I make $100,000.00 per year, how much tax do I have to pay the federal government at tax time. I will filing as single.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Given just the information you have provided your Federal tax obligation will be $19,098. This is determined by taking the $100,000 income and subtracting the standard deduction of $5,700 and the exemption for yourself of $3,650 leaving a taxable income of $90,650. The tax chart for a single person shows a tax on this of $19,098. If there are other income factors, student loan deductions or any of a host of other items not mentioned they will change the results.