RLWEA
RLWEA, Accountant
Experience:  I am an Enrolled Agent with the IRS for 25+ years. Thank you for allowing me to assist you!
2388119

the gain or loss on the effective portion of a u.s. parent

the gain or loss on the effective portion of a u.s. parent company's hedge of a net investment in a foreign entity should be treated as:
1. an adjustment to the retained earnings account in the stockholders' equity section of its balance sheet.
2. Other comprehensive income
3. A translation gain or loss in the computation of net income for the reporting period.
4. An adjustment to a valuation account in the asset section of its balance sheet.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RLWEA replied 6 years ago.

RLWEA :

Hello, you need to due two things:The first part of the entry would be to the retained earnings, as you referenced in Number 1. The offsetting entry would be to the asset account as you referenced in Number 4.

RLWEA :

This should answer you well though out question, and possible answers. Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If you need additional clarifuication or assistance please let me know.

RLWEA :

Sincerely,

RLWEA :

Robyn L. Wysong, EA