How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jacy Your Own Question
Jacy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 568
Experience:  Nine years individual income tax preparation and consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jacy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my 1098-t tax form has already been reported to the IRS

Customer Question

If my 1098-t tax form has already been reported to the IRS do I need to file it or do anything with it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jacy replied 5 years ago.



The 1098-T is an information form for both you and the IRS. It reports how much tuition was billed and / or paid, and the amount of grants or scholarships you received.


If you are a dependent of your parents, then they can use it to claim education credits or the tuition deduction. If you are not a dependent, then these tax benefits my be claimed by you.


Thank you for your question,