Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters

Hi, my question is I filed my taxes about @ weeks ago and

Customer Question

Hi, my question is: I filed my taxes about @ weeks ago and the person who prepared it says the IRS keeps pushing the dates back on when I would get my return. Is this true or do i have to worry that I am being played?
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Something sounds wrong here. I have been filing tax returns electronically for my clients and the only delays I have seen are where there was a problem to be resolved. I filed a return yesterday and had the IRS acceptance two hours later. Your preparer may have run into a problem and not know how to correct it.