Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

I bought my house on Mar 2009 and got married on mar 2010. Im

I bought my house on Mar 2009 and got married on mar 2010.
I'm still the solo owner of my house but i didn't get the tax credit for my house because of my unempolyment. Can my husband file tax return jointly in 2010 for tax credit from the house purchasing ?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. Unfortunately, no, your husband would not be eligible.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Because he his not the owner of the house and he did not purchase the house.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what if we fill the tax return jointly?

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Doesn't make any bought the house in 2009.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the tax credit extented to 2010?

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
For purchases in 2010. Not for purchases in 2009. It's when you purchased the property that matters.