Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I HAVE A SON OF 2 MONTHS OLD... IN MY TAX SOFTWARE IN THE

I HAVE A SON OF 2 MONTHS OLD...

IN MY TAX SOFTWARE IN THE EIC SECTION ASKS ME HOW LONG THE CHILD HAS LIVED WITH ME AND THEN ASKS ME :HAS THE CHILD LIVED HALF OF THE YEAR WITH YOU?

SHOULD I ANSWER ON THOSE QUESTIONS THAT THE CHILD HAS LIVED WITH ME 12 MONTHS WITH ME OR ONLY SHOULD I INDICATE THE CHILD'S BIRTH TIME WHICH 2 MONTHS.. AND SHOULD I INDICATE AS WELL THAT THE CHILD HAS LIVED HALF THE YEAR?

PLEASE ADVICE!

Wallstreet Esq. :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Wallstreet Esq. :

A child born to you qualifies as a dependant that has been living with you all year...even if they were born on New Year's Eve at 10:30 p.m

Wallstreet Esq. :

For 2010, a new baby also delivers a tax credit of up $1,000, even if the child was born late in the year. Unlike a deduction that reduces the amount of income the government gets to tax, a credit reduces your tax bill dollar-for-dollar.

Wallstreet Esq. :

You will be able to use the birth of your child for the EIC.

Customer :

do you mean that shoud i indicte that the child has lived half of the year with me?

Wallstreet Esq. :

Yes, more than half the year, the child would be considered as been living with you for the whole year.

Customer :

eve if the childis only 3months old?

Wallstreet Esq. :

Yes, if the child was born during the year, the child is considered to have lived with you for the entire year.

Customer :

ok...

Wallstreet Esq. :

The time you were pregnant is considered.

Customer :

can I ask another question?

Customer :

very concise respond

Wallstreet Esq. :

Yes, please ask anything you want.

Customer :

my husband has not file his income tax for 7 yrs , he gets cash only but he wants to file his income tax this year, he still get paid in cas.. since he has nt been file 7 yrs , that can bring him any problem when he file his income ta x for 2010?

Customer :

im sorry my grammar in more prominent in spanish.

Wallstreet Esq. :

If he files with you, it could be a problem, as they will wonder why he did not file the previous years. However he should file, and if needed claim he did not have enough wages to have to file a tax return. You only have to file taxes if your wages are over a certXXXXX XXXXXmit.

Wallstreet Esq. :

Since your workweek, is m-s, and you did work over 40 hours for that week you are entitled to overtime.

Wallstreet Esq. :

Please ignore the last sentence.

Customer :

what are the income limit to file?

Customer :

what is the limited income a person should have to file a tax return?

Wallstreet Esq. :

You have to file a tax return if your gross income touched that figure or goes above it.

Filing status: SINGLE

If your age at the end of 2010 was under 65= $ 9,350
If you were 65 or older= $10,750

Filing status: MARRIED FILING SEPARATELY

If both spouses were under 65 = $18,700
If only one spouse was 65 or older = $19,800
If both spouses were 65 or older = $20,900

Any age = $ 3,650

Filing status: HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD

If your age at the end of year 2010 was under 65=$12,050
If you were 65 or older =$13,450

Filing status: qualifying WIDOW or WIDOWER WITH DEPENDENT CHILD

If your age at the end of year 2010 was under 65 = $15,050
If you were 65 or older= $16,150

If you DID NOT LIVE WITH YOUR SPOUSE at the end of 2010 (or on the date your spouse died)

Any age = $3,650

Customer :

what about singles?

Customer :

ok i got it

Wallstreet Esq. :

Customer :

but my friend is single .. her gross salary was 2300 during the entire year . with very little federal tax withheld.. so is not she entittled to file her tax return?

Wallstreet Esq. :

She can file her tax return, but you asked about her husband not filing I stated he can state he did not have to file for previous years if his income was lower than what is required.

Customer :

great!...

Wallstreet Esq. :

if you are satisfied with our service please press the accept button so we can recieve credit.