Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues

how can affect me since i havent been filed my taxes since

<p>I  HAVENT FILED MY TAXES FOR 7YRS. FOR THESE 7YEARS MY JOB HAS PAID ME IN CASH BUT I WANT TO FILE MY TAX THIS YEAR, STILL RECEIVE CASH.</p><p>HOW CAN IT AFFECT ME SINCE I HAVENT DONE MY INCOME TAX FOR 7 YEARS AND NOW I WANT TO FILE MY INCOME TAX.  I HAVE NO DEPENDENTS.. AND WHAT WOULD HAVE  HAPPENED IF I WOULD HAVE ANY DEPENDENT IN THIS SAME SCENARIO?</p><p> </p><p>PLEASE ADVICE!</p>
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 3 years ago.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

How much did you receive in cash in 2010?

Stephen E. Grizey :

What type of work generated this income.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Are you a US Citizen?

Stephen E. Grizey :

How old are you?

Customer :

hi

Customer :

I received 14,300 aproximally in 2010.

Customer :

I am a mechanic.

Customer :

im 38 yrs old/

Stephen E. Grizey :

Are you a US citizen?

Customer :

yes, I am

Stephen E. Grizey :

Well, you will owe some income tax, but also social security tax of $2,100. Income tax will depend upon your deductions

Stephen E. Grizey :

What is it you want to know? The IRS go back to earlier years also & ask how you were supporting yourself if you didn't make any income & file tax returns

Customer :

what does $ 2,100 mean for social security?

Stephen E. Grizey :

self-employment tax

Customer :

Does IRS make any other type of deduction on my cash>?

Stephen E. Grizey :

What do you mean?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Are you allowed any deductions/

Customer :

why will i own money to IRS if i get paid in cash and there is not federal/ state deduction on it?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Because if you work "under the table" you are still responsible for your income tax & social security tax & state income tax.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Evidently the person you work for isn't doing the right thing & treating you like a regular employee.

Stephen E. Grizey :

But that doesn't excuse you.

Customer :

I see

Stephen E. Grizey :

so you are lucky you haven't been caught yet

Customer :

do you stil recommend me to file my 7 prior years income taxes? i have 7 yrs without filing any.

Customer :

even if i have to pay to IRS?

Stephen E. Grizey :

where are you going to get the money for that

Customer :

will it be a lot of money huh

Stephen E. Grizey :

yes

Customer :

so you dont recommend me not to file?

Stephen E. Grizey :

you should go to a local account & get started wit the 2010 & then decide what to do

Customer :

what about if my job gives me a w2 form to report my income?

Stephen E. Grizey :

I can only tell you you should file; it is the law;

Stephen E. Grizey :

but i can't tell you what to do; that's your decision

Stephen E. Grizey :

they wont give you a W2 for what you've already done

Customer :

if i get a w2 form from this job and i decide to file my 2010. will i be still charged from the IRS for not filing previous years?

Customer :

let see i get a w2 from another job

Stephen E. Grizey :

You cant get a W2 if they paid you in cash & didn't take out takes

Customer :

let's say I have a new job and i get w2 form from them.. do i still have to pay back to IRS for not filing previous years?

Stephen E. Grizey :

yes, if they catch you

Customer :

ok... got it

Stephen E. Grizey :

Please remember to "Accept", it is the only way we get credit for our work. Feedback, if you have time, and bonuses, where you think they are warranted, are always most appreciated.

Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience: Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues