How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in NJ and work in NY. My 2010 gross pay was $197,136.

Resolved Question:

I live in NJ and work in NY. My 2010 gross pay was $197,136. Fed income tax withheld by my employer was $44,431.25 / NY state tax withheld was $12,855.60. Will I have to pay additional NJ state tax?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

RD :

If you are a resident of NJ than you are required to file a tax return in NJ and report your world wide income in NJ. YOu can claim a credit for tax paid in NY against your NJ State tax liability and hence, you would not end up paying double tax on the same income.

RD and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you