Brenda Guy
Brenda Guy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  20 years of working with income and estate tax issues for families and businesses.

I own an income tax service in NY. what type of referral program

I own an income tax service in NY. what type of referral program or incentives would you suggest to increase clients. Would you recommend any incentives for current clients written in the appointment letter sent out now. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

It is always good to let your existing clients know that you would appreciate their referrals. This is were I get my best clients. Do include this in your appointment letter along with some kind of invitation card with your information that they can hand off to a friend. This should produce some new clients.

In addition, you should have a website, blog and participate in social networking like Linkn-in and facebook. With these you can target just you area. I get more and more customers this way.

Another thing to do is to offer to present at the local services club meetings like Rotary or Lions. They are always looking for speakers with timely information.

I have not had much luck with incentives.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for all your help