How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13609
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a resident of Alaska and work for Fed Govt. I get paid

Resolved Question:

I am a resident of Alaska and work for Fed Govt. I get paid out of central office in Denver, I am assigned as duty station to Oklahoma City, I spend maybe 1 day a month here in OKC, The state of OKC says I need to pay income tax to them 7% rate, I mainly work in Alaska and west coast TDY 95% travel, whats your read on that? am I only paying tax on monies earned while in state or entire 365 days?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

I have come across this situation many times and with many states.

Oklahoma income tax generally must be withheld from wages paid to resident employees for services performed either within or without the state and from wages paid to nonresident employees for services performed in the state. Your duty station is the reasoning behind the tax liability to Oklahoma. All income you receive while assigned to Oklahoma will be subject to Oklahoma withholding. This is not to say they can keep all the withholding. You will need to file a Non Resident Return for Oklahoma.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you