socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I am a Canadian looking at to form a business is florida to

I am a Canadian looking at to form a business is florida to buy foreclosed real estate and contract the upgrade to local firm. what are my tax obligations for federal and state?
Category: Tax
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
Since you will be engaged in business within the USA, you will be liable for U.S. and Florida taxes on the capital gains from the property sales.

You are entitled to a dollar-for-dollar tax credit against your Canada taxes.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal is to assist people who cannot afford traditional legal services. Without your contribution, I will be unable to continue to help others in this forum. I am always available to answering your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.