How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JKCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5884
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
JKCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a reissued CP 575 IRS letter?

Resolved Question:

I need a copy of the CP-575 letter from the IRS stating that I am indeed registered with an EIN with the Federal Government

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 6 years ago.

The CP575 is the notice the IRS issues when you are assigned an EIN. The IRS is unable to reissue or provide a copy of the CP575 notice. If you lost your original notice and need confirmation of your EIN, you can call the IRS business help line at 1-***-***-****. Tell them you cannot find your CP575 and would like a confirmation letter of your EIN.

The IRS will then send you a 147C letter that may be used instead of the CP575 notice. You may send a written request for the letter 147C but it would be faster to call and request on the phone.

Hope this helps

JKCPA and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you