JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
23848519

How do I get a reissued CP 575 IRS letter?

I need a copy of the CP-575 letter from the IRS stating that I am indeed registered with an EIN with the Federal Government

Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 6 years ago.

The CP575 is the notice the IRS issues when you are assigned an EIN. The IRS is unable to reissue or provide a copy of the CP575 notice. If you lost your original notice and need confirmation of your EIN, you can call the IRS business help line at 1-***-***-****. Tell them you cannot find your CP575 and would like a confirmation letter of your EIN.

The IRS will then send you a 147C letter that may be used instead of the CP575 notice. You may send a written request for the letter 147C but it would be faster to call and request on the phone.

Hope this helps