Experience:  CPA with tax experience.

I have not been employed since FEB of last year; I had filed

I have not been employed since FEB of last year; I had filed for income tax previous years, needing only the EZ Form. What do I do about this year? Should I be geeting a W-2 form from previous employer?
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 5 years ago.
Hello Customer,

Thanks for your question.

If you did not have any income in 2010, you would not have to file a tax return. You will not receive a W-2 if you did not work in 2010. If you do have other income such as unemployment compensation or interest, you would only need to file a return if you meet the minimum filing requirements. For example, if you are single, under age 65, can claim yourself as a dependent and had gross income of about $9350 or less. If you had business income, you would also need to file a return. For reference, see this link.

Hope this helps!