How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can I deduct upgrade to business class

Resolved Question:

can I deduct upgrade to business class?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 6 years ago.
Hi -

The spread in the costs should be allowed as an unreimbursed employee business expense. These type of expenses are allowed as Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions subject to the 2% limitation on Schedule A. Thus they are only included as itemized deductions to the extent that they exceed 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income, and only if you itemize.
MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you