Brenda Guy
Brenda Guy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  20 years of working with income and estate tax issues for families and businesses.

My friend and I started an S-corp in 2008 for basically no

My friend and I started an S-corp in 2008 for basically no reason, because we never did anything with it. So now that I am try to dissolve the corporation I realize that I still need to file past tax returns for 2008 and 2009. Is this something I should try to do on my own?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brenda Guy replied 5 years ago.

You could probably go ahead and do these yourself since there is no activity. So you just file in the corp info on forms 1120S for fed and 100S for state and put zeros in for the income and other numbers needed. You will need to pay the $800 for California for each year if you haven't already. You may also have to file and pay 2010 since it is already December.