How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jgordosea Your Own Question
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3161
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
jgordosea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did my 2009 taxes with my brother helping me. He used Turbo

Resolved Question:

I did my 2009 taxes with my brother helping me. He used Turbo Tax on line and it was the first time in a long time that I had not used a tax service. I'm not sure if he forgot to print out my information or if he did, I forgot it at his house. Anyway, because of it, I forgot completely about sending my property taxes in. I got to thinking in October that I had not gotten my property tax refund back. I asked my bother about it and he looked it up on his computer. I went to his house for Thanksgiving and he found where he stuck my tax form copies. I was suppose to get $136 back for my property taxes. Is it too late for me to try to send it in now, to get my $136 back?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  jgordosea replied 6 years ago.



According to the site at Homeowners refund

"Returns can be filed up to a year after the due date. After that, you cannot claim a refund. The deadline for the 2009 return is August 15, 2011."


To apply for either the regular property tax refund or the special property tax refund use Form M1PR, Minnesota Property Tax Refund.


Based on that information there should not be any problem in you still getting a Minnesota property tax refund for 2009 if you qualify.






jgordosea and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you