How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If taxpayer lives in 2 family house and he is renting one part

Resolved Question:

If taxpayer lives in 2 family house and he is renting one part of the house out. Filing statue MFS. can he file form 8582
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

RD :

H, Thank you for using justanswer. Form 8582 is for passive activity loss limitations. Rental losses are considered passive loss and hence, if you do have a loss, you will file Form 8582

JACUSTOMER-lf3qkgua- :

Why not a SCH E

JACUSTOMER-lf3qkgua- :

An individual can use Form 8582 even though there filing status is MFS

JACUSTOMER-lf3qkgua- :

Hello are you still there.

RD and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you