Jacy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Nine years individual income tax preparation and consulting

i sold a vacation home to pay for taxes due from my business.

i sold a vacation home to pay for taxes due from my business. Can i claim these taxes on my personal tax deduction. I received a 1099-s from the closing attorney that reported the entire sale and not the money deducted for the irs.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jacy replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunately, no. The only taxes that are deductible for personal federal income tax purposes, are taxes paid to your state, county or city. If this business is incorporated, then the company should reimburse you for these taxes. Otherwise, sole proprieter taxes are lumped in with personal taxes.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

If I have adequately answered your question, please click the GREEN ACCEPT button.

If you need more information after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to help you further. Thanks!