Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

In our fathers will he left all his assets equally among his

In our fathers will he left all his assets equally among his five children which I am one of.All remaing assets were gathered into an estate that belong equally to each one of us. This had an assessed vaule of under $300,000.00 with all necessary taxes paid off included in the final assesment total.I recentally bought out my portion of the assesed amount ,and my question is will I have to pay any taxes on monies receieved from the buyout.I was paid from a real estate trust account that was set up by my brothers and sisters to buyout my portion of the estate that was willed to us.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. No, you will have no tax liability based on the amounts involved. Not to worry!

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.