Karla
Karla, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Over 17 years performing accounting, tax and consulting service for individuals and small business.
42122963

I thought I clairfed my question yesterday but here is some

Customer Question

I thought I clairfed my question yesterday but here is some more information. A company
that we have a contract with is holding money owed to our corporation because they received
a California Tax Levy for one of our employees so my question is a coporation responsible for
an individuals taxes
Category: Tax
Expert:  Karla replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Karla :

Why would a company you have a contract with be receiving a tax levy for one of your employees?

Expert:  Karla replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I need some information -

Is this tax levy for your employee a result of CA withholding tax that you should have withheld and remitted to the state but failed to do so?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I send the answer to the question already and did not receive the information a need.
so here goes again.

the employee use to work for the company but now works for my company . The
old company was sent the levy I told them all they had to do is fill out Page 2 and
send back to California Tax Office. But they insist on holding my money. I need
the exact law stating what they need to do.

Expert:  Karla replied 6 years ago.
The only way this company can withhold your payment is if the tax levy is against you.

It sounds like they received the State tax lien for their failure to pay the taxes associated with their employment of the person that is now your employee. Is my understanding of the situation correct?
Expert:  Karla replied 6 years ago.
I have contacted our moderators to reverse your acceptance of the chat where I was requesting information. When you say page 2, what exact form are you referring to. There are several legal references to State levies.