socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Husband and wife buy a house together while married. Husband

Husband and wife buy a house together while married. Husband is the only person on deed and loan. Husband dies without a will. Does the house require probate to transfer to the wife or does it belong to her under the community property provisions of the state? Does she have the ability to resolve any foreclosure issues without a probate of the property?

Since there is no evidence on title of the wife's community propery interest in the house, a probate will be necessary to adminstrate the disposition of the property. Probate Code 13500 et. seq.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could not her community property interest be evidenced by (1) the fact of her marraige to the deceased, (2) home was purchased with community property funds, and (3) payments were made from community property funds earned during their married lifetime?

Yes, but evidenced to "whom?" Answer is: the probate court. Wife can't just march into the county clerk and record a deed from her deceased husband to herself. She needs to be awarded the property by the probate court.