Chad Oberg
Chad Oberg, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  10 + years of accounting and tax experience, financial statements and business planning

IRS change of address I have extensions for both my personal

IRS change of address?

I have extensions for both my personal 2009 filing and my s corp 1120s filing. I need to change the mailing address the IRS has on record for each. I'm finally ready to file.

What's the best way to change the address? Should I file with the old addresses, then send in a separate change of address form later? Or is that combined with the filing somehow?

You can change the address on the tax return upon filing for the return.

If you plan to move after filing your return, use Form 8822 to notify the IRS of your new address.

There is a check box on the return to indicate that the address has changed or if the return is filed use the following:

If the corporation has changed its address since it last filed a return (including a change to an "in care of" address), check the "Address change" box. If a change in address occurs after

the return is filed, use Form 8822, Change of Address, to notify the IRS of the new address.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Or if you accept my answer, please accept and conclude this correspondence.