Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

what does the irs mean when they say my dates on my form 5405

what does the irs mean when they say my dates on my form 5405 and my hud settlement statement is inconsistant.

Hello JA Customer,

On the Form 5405, Part I, line B, the purchase date entered on that form should match the closing date shown on the HUD form. If those two dates do not match, that is what the IRS is referring to as an inconsistency.

Your purchase date of the home is the same as the date you closed on the home, and those two dates should be the same.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. It is the only way we receive any credit for helping with these questions.

Thank you JA Customer