Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

Tax refund USA for tourists

I am in Illinois of tourist and I want that my taxes return to me than I have bought, in Texas I have gone to that they do a manifesto to me but not to where here to go they can help me?

Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Are you asking about getting a refund on sales taxes you paid on items purchased in the state of TX?

If so, are you an international visitor or are you a resident of the US?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am a visitor and I am in the state of Illinois and want to know as my taxes of the purchases return to me that relive.

Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

There are only two states in the United States that offer refunds on sales taxes to international visitors. These refunds are offered in the state of Texas and in the state of Louisiana, but they are not offered in the state of Illinois. Any purchases you make in the state of Illinois are subject to sales taxes which cannot be refunded.

Each state sets their own rules on whether or not they will allow a refund of sales taxes paid by international visitors.