Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

the answer i was looking for was to see if the advance from

Customer Question

the answer i was looking for was to see if the advance from 35616 to 38240 How much more taxes is due on larger amount than smaller I am getting ready to retire and need to those tax amounts per year
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello JA Customer,

Can you please tell me if you file your taxes as single or married?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello again JA Customer,

After applying your standard deduction as a single taxpayer and one personal allowance, this increase in income would not put you in a higher tax bracket. Your highest bracket will remain at 15%. That means that on an increase of $2,624 in income you would pay an additional $394 for the year in federal income taxes.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. It is the only way we receive any credit for helping with these questions.

Thank you JA Customer