Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

starting July 1, I will be tapping into my retirement...1100

Customer Question

starting July 1, I will be tapping into my retirement...1100 per I pay taxes quarterly on this? If so, what is the procedure....if not....will I just file in April per usual?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

In most cases, you must pay estimated tax for 2010 if both of the following apply.

1. You expect to owe at least $1,000 in tax for 2010, after subtracting your withholding and refundable credits.

You expect your withholding and refundable credits to be less than the smaller of:

1. 90% of the tax to be shown on your 2010 tax return, or

2. 100% of the tax shown on your 2009 tax return. Your 2009 tax return must cover all 12 months.

Send in your payment (check or money order) with a payment voucher from Form 1040-ES.

Here is a link to the voucher:

You can request that withholding taken out when the distributions are made to you.

If you do not have withholding or make estimated payments, then you could have an additional penalty when you file your 2010 tax return.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,