Im not a USA citizen. Im traveling here on a B1 visa. I have opened a personal
bank account so I can use my private money here. Im not receiving any paychecks here only transfers from Slovenia, from my personal savings account. I have opened the account at Chase bank and they want to offer me 100 USD for opening the account. The account was opened in March 2010.
I do not have any US
- no salary.
My questions are:
- Can I take the 100 USD if Im not a US citizen and do I have to report it to IRS
- If I don't take the 100 USD do I still need to fill out a tax
- When do I need to fill out the tax report and do I need to if I just keep the account open and don’t take the 100 USD
- Will I pay any tax only on the opened account
( I have a checking account where I have no Interests
- where can I find a CPA that will create the report for me
- If I need to fill the tax in 2011, when do I need to apply for the Tax Id
I appreciate your answers.