How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife filed married filing seperately, we live together.

Resolved Question:

My wife filed married filing seperately, we live together. We have a child and she claimed him. Is she allowed to do that without me agreeing to it. Am I now not allowed to claim my son? Thank You
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Who does the child live with?


Form 2120 is required for claiming Qualified relatives. To claim a child under 24 years of age- he is considered a Qualifying child and such a form is not required.


Here is a link for your reference on who can claim-



Let me know if you have any question.


Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we live together
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
all 3 of us live in the same house.

Related Tax Questions