RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..

My wife and I are living separately due to our jobs. I am

My wife and I are living separately due to our jobs. I am in Michigan, she is in NY. Can I still file my Fed return Married jointly?
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Yes, if you are married as of the end of the year, you can file married filing joint even if you live separate.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.