Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

Our oldest daugher and her 2 children are living with me for

Our oldest daugher and her 2 children are living with me for the past 14 months.
My daugther is legally disabled as with her oldest daughter. She hasn't worked
in this time frame and my question is can I claim my 2 grandaugher's as dependents
for the 2009 Tax year?

HelloCustomer

As long as your daughter did not have income of her own of more than $3,650 for the year, and if your provided more than half of her total support, then you may claim your daughter as a dependent on your return. You may also claim both of your grandchildren as long as your daughter did not have enough income of her own where she is required to file a return.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank youCustomer/p>