Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

I was in an automobile accident that resulted payments for

Customer Question

I was in an automobile accident that resulted payments for disability from my auto insurance. I received over $32,000 from State Farm auto insurance in 2009. Will this be taxable? We personally paid for the insurance with money already taxed.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello sandy,

If your auto coverage included a provision for disability benefits in the event of an accident related disability, then as long as you are the one who paid the premiums for this coverage, this would not be taxable income to you.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank you sandy

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I realized that I got this answer and then left to go to an appointment. Can you send me an email or link that I can enter my payment information on?

In other words, I still owe you $15 for my answer and I need a place to enter my charge card information!

Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello sandy,

You already paid the $15 for this question. You do not owe any additional money. But thanks for checking.