Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
8056330

I received rejection from IRS 1040. They said I had received

I received rejection from IRS 1040. They said I had received the $250.00 Economic Recovery Payment for 2009. How do I remove the the tax refund from my tax form so I can refile it.
Customer

You would report this receipt of the $250 on line 10 of Schedule M. This will reduce your total credit by $250. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already done this but it still shows at the end of the return that I will be receiving a tax refund. And then the IRS will send it back to me again.
Customer

What amount are you showing on Form 1040, line 63? If that number is XXXXX reflecting the reduction of $250, that will be your problem. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Mark D

Regards,

Mark D