How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a consultant for a direct sales company. If I were to

Resolved Question:

I am a consultant for a direct sales company. If I were to purchase product for my personal use only and for family at cost would I still need to file any kind of taxes? it would be a hobby but i would be making no profit?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

If you would purchase product for personal use than you do not pay income tax on such purchase. If you carry on a hobby - than gain would be taxable but loss wil not be deductible.


You do have to pay tax on the income from direct sales company as a consultant.




RD and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you