How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents are 83 and 87 years of age. My question, I have

Resolved Question:

My parents are 83 and 87 years of age. My question, I have heard through word of mouth that after a certain age you are or can be exempted from filing taxes. Please give me some feedback on this. They have been filing faithfully every year and have had to pay more taxes each year. Help me with this so I can help them. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. I am sorry but there is no age limit that exempt a person from filing a tax return or paying tax on taxable income.
Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you