Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

If the IRS files a lien against my business for back taxes,

If the IRS files a lien against my business for back taxes, can they also place a lien against my home and other personal property?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

If you are the owner or one of the owners of the business, then yes, the IRS can place liens and levies on your personal assets as well as your business assets. This would include liens on your personal property such as your home, and levies on any personal bank accounts which have your name and SS number listed as an owner.

If you enter in to an acceptable payment plan arrangement with the IRS, they will refrain from placing these liens or levies on your assets as long as you stay current with the agreed to payments.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank youCustomer/p>