Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

please provide me with detail inheritance tax rates in nevada

please provide me with detail inheritance tax rates in nevada or where to find schedule
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello inherit,

There is no inheritance tax in the state of Nevada and there is also no inheritance tax imposed by the IRS at the federal level.

Instead of inheritance taxes, the IRS imposes estate taxes on estates which exceed a certain value. For deaths occuring in 2009, estates valued below $3.5 million were not subject to estate taxes.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you inherit

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i need nevada information on nevada inheritance,estate taxes in nevada your answer was none responsive to my question . i know the federal info
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

Hello again inherit,

As stated in my first response, the state of NV does not impose any inheritance taxes. Therefore there is no schedule of rates to provide you with because there is no inheritance tax imposed in the state.