How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxMomNJ Your Own Question
TaxMomNJ, Senior Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 245
Experience:  7 years experience with tax preparation company, over 500 hours of tax courses taken
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxMomNJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the amount a tax payer is exempt of an 80 year and

Resolved Question:

What is the amount a tax payer is exempt of an 80 year and a 78 year old couple filing seperately or also jointly?
[email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxMomNJ replied 7 years ago.



Anyone filing separate must file a return and may have taxable income if they have over $3,650 of income. For married filing joint, it is $20,400 for the two of you that are both over 65. These are the amounts for 2009. They will change for 2010 and, likely, every year after.


TaxMomNJ and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions