RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
510454

I received an inheritance from my aunt in 2009. I have been

Customer Question

I received an inheritance from my aunt in 2009.
I have been advised to file for an extension, since the K1 froms will arrive cloce to the April 15 deadline--which I'm already doing.
Can I still file a 1040 EZ online? Will I need to file a paper return with a tax consultant? please advise!!

Janet
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

You will not be eligible to file Form 1040EZ depending on the income reported on the Sch K-1. Hence, you may be required to file Form 1040.

You can file the tax return online using any of the online tax services. You do not need a tax consultant to file your tax return.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks!! What about state income tax forms??
Expert:  RD replied 7 years ago.

You can even file the State forms using online tax service.

Let me know if you have any question.