Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I want to clarify the answers in this thread. I, too, have

Customer Question

I want to clarify the answers in this thread. I, too, have paid the following expenses to a DONOR AGENCY. My wife was the recipient of the donor egg. Donor fee, administrative fee, donor expenses as well as donor psychological fee, legal fee, and egg donor insurance. Am I correct, based on the information in this thread, that ALL of these expenses are deductible? Thanks, Jordan
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.

These expenses might be deductible as medical expenses - see for reference IRS publication 502 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p502.pdf

Fertility Enhancement. You can include in medical expenses the cost of the following procedures to overcome an inability to have children.
Procedures such as in vitro fertilization (including temporary storage of eggs or sperm).
Surgery, including an operation to reverse prior surgery that prevented the person operated on from having children.

Let me know if you need any help.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was already aware of this IRS publication, but it does not specify my expenses (thus the question to you). I have found out, through another free online resource, that these expenses are indeed tax deductible (IRS Letter Ruling XXXXXXXXX . I do not desire any further research from you. Thanks.