Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
9573734

What is the physical address of irs I need to send my installment

What is the physical address of irs? I need to send my installment agreement due Dec.25. I live in Tampa,fl

Hello Cindy,

If you live in FL then I assume your payments are sent to the Georgia office of the IRS. Their physical address is:

Internal Revenue Submission Processing Center
4800 Buford Highway
Chamblee, GA 30341

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you Cindy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That is helpful. Just wanted to make sure. I don't want to be in default but my check won't clear until 24th. Do you know if they accept installment payments as long as it's postmarked before 25th like they do when you send it on April 15th?

Hello again Cindy,

For installment payments, the IRS must actually receive your payment by the due date. But you have several options for making this payment if you are running late.

You can use an overnight delivery service. You can also make a payment over the internet by using your credit card at www.pay1040.com or at www.officialpayments.com

You can also take your payment in person to a local IRS office in Tampa.

Thank you Cindy

Edited by Merlo on 12/21/2009 at 6:01 PM EST