Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues

Projected capitol gain rates projections

Customer Question

Projected capitol gain rates projections?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 6 years ago.

What is your question?

Mark D
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As we work into the end of the year...and the Obama administrations push on changing much of the existing tax format ... consider tax rates on cap gains ... the sunset provisions allow for the cap gain rates to remain thru 2010...any changes at this point

have a large cap gain transaction which can be closed in Dec or Jan ... usual suggestion ... hold off till jan therefore deferring tax consequences accordingly...

yet with the uncertainty ... ???

Expert:  Mark D replied 6 years ago.

There have been no changes yet, although most experts predict a 20% rate in 2011, but no changes in 2010. Here is a good article on the WSJ regarding this thinking. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mark D
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks so much! The article was well written and quite on point. Confirmed my research, a more direct confirmation.

Again, thank you for your help and for the article.

Expert:  Mark D replied 6 years ago.
Thank you!