How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Lev Your Own Question

Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 25243
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a K1 on April 1, 2009 AFTER I had filled my return

Resolved Question:

I received a K1 on April 1, 2009 AFTER I had filled my return already and asked my attorney what to do. He advised not to file the additional amount until resolved in court. We are still battling this case, but I need to know how much my taxes are going to be on the K1 amount. What information do you need? The K1 was $100,958. The basic breakdown is I never received any of the money, but was asked to pay the tax. I haven't paid yet, but need to know how much I will owe on that amount. I have my AGI and my taxed income available.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Assuming the schedule K-1 is issued for 2008 - you may amend your tax return and you will owe additional taxes, penalties and interest.

You may ask to forgive penalties based on unforeseen circumstances.


You may postpone amending the tax return - however - you will pay additional penalties and interest.

If according to the court the taxable amount will be less - you will be able to amend the tax return again - and claim overpaid amount to be refunded.


Your tax liability depends on your tax bracket, filing status, deductions, etc.

It is also depends on type of income reported on the K-1.

If that K-1 from S-corporation?

Let me know your numbers - and I will help to estimate your tax liability.



Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I filed a 1040 with schedules A, C, D, D-1, C (form 8829), C (form 4562), C (form 8829). The numbers are broken down like this: AGI-$84,380; Taxable Income-$56,179; Total Tax - $6,624; Total Payments made already- $7,672. Refunded $1,048.


We filed married with 1 dependent. $17,701 itemized deductions.


The K1 was from a S-Corporation. The boxes are as follows: Box 1- 101,927; Box 11 - 594, Box 12 (A) 371, Box 15 (a) 857, Box 16 (c) 36.


Do you need any further information? That sums it all up.

Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Your estimated ADDITIONAL income tax liability on $101,927 ordinary business income is $25390 plus ~$7500 NC state income tax.
All other items are small and there effect will be minimal.

That is assuming S-corporation paid reasonable wages from S-corporation and they were reported on W2.


S-corporation is not taxable entity - all tax liability is passed to shareholders regardless in actual funds were distributed or not.

You may argue if these funds were not used properly - but as long as S-corporation received that income and pro-rata share were properly calculated according to your ownership - you are responsible for taxes.


Let me know if you need any help.


Edited by LEV on 11/2/2009 at 4:56 AM EST
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 25243
Experience: Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • I really was impressed with the prompt response. Your expert was not only a tax expert, but a people expert!!! Her genuine and caring attitude came across in her response... T.G.W Matteson, IL
< Last | Next >
  • I really was impressed with the prompt response. Your expert was not only a tax expert, but a people expert!!! Her genuine and caring attitude came across in her response... T.G.W Matteson, IL
  • I WON!!! I just wanted you to know that your original answer gave me the courage and confidence to go into yesterday's audit ready to fight. Bonnie Chesnee, SC
  • Great service. Answered my complex tax question in detail and provided a lot of additional useful information for my specific situation. John Minneapolis, MN
  • Excellent information, very quick reply. The experts really take the time to address your questions, it is well worth the fee, for the peace of mind they can provide you with. Orville Hesperia, California
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA

Meet The Experts:

  • Wallstreet Esq.

    Tax Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    10 years experience
< Last | Next >
  • Wallstreet Esq.'s Avatar

    Wallstreet Esq.

    Tax Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    10 years experience
  • Wendy Reed's Avatar

    Wendy Reed

    Enrolled Agent

    Satisfied Customers:

    15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
  • Mark D's Avatar

    Mark D

    Enrolled Agent

    Satisfied Customers:

    MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
  • Richard's Avatar


    Tax Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
  • Megan C's Avatar

    Megan C

    Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
  • jgordosea's Avatar


    Enrolled Agent

    Satisfied Customers:

    I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
  • MequonCPA's Avatar


    Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

    Satisfied Customers:

    CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Chat Now With A Tax Professional
21318 Satisfied Customers
Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations