Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

Iused ran out while I was waiting to

Iused ran out while I was waiting to hear back from them. Now I have to file a paper return.Where do you suggest I find the forms for 2008.Also will I be penalized or should I just file both next year?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 6 years ago.

You can obtain any 2008 tax forms and instructions that you need on the IRS website at

If you do not owe any tax with your 2008 return, then you will not be assessed any penalties for the late filing. If there is tax due that you still need to pay, then the IRS will also charge you interest and penalties for the late filing. The penalties and interest are assessed on a monthly basis, so the sooner you file the lower your penalties and interest would be.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you crhv