Merlo, Accountant
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad

I recieved a letter notice#CP-2100A that there was a discrepancy

Customer Question

I recieved a letter notice#CP-2100A that there was a discrepancy with 1099 tin information. I found and corrected the spelling of two names, and all other info is correct. Now where and to whom do I send it?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Did this notice indicate you owed additional taxes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. Everything else is ok
Expert:  Merlo replied 7 years ago.
Hello again catz,

If you made the necessary corrections in the spelling of the names, that is all that is required. You do not need to submit any documentation to the IRS that you made the correction or update.

If you have any questions at all about the notice you received, you may call for assitance at the following IRS office:

The Information Reporting Program Customer Service Section (call site)
Toll Free Telephone...(866)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Hours...8:30 am to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday EST

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you catz

Edited by Merlo on 9/28/2009 at 8:47 PM EST